Tuesday 10 September 2013

Base2Stay, Beatles Experience and Liverpool One!

Hello there!


I find it so hard to find honest reviews of places, especially if I'm spending a lot of money. I find that the website itself bigs itself up massively, and I'm often disappointed. But not this time! Today, I'm going to tell you about my experience in Liverpool - with all the good and bad bits included! 

Lets do this!

WARNING: THIS IS VERY PICTURE HEAVY!


Base2stay, Seel Street, Liverpool

If you read my last blog, you would've seen that I mentioned I was going to Liverpool for my Dad's birthday. After looking on TripAdvisor, it was clear that Base2stay was a contender to be the hotel we booked. They have a large selection of different room sizes and numbers of beds, obviously the bigger the room the more expensive.

We ended up booking the 'Secret Garden Suite,' which was INCREDIBLE! When we walked into the room, I couldn't believe how huge it was to say it was in the city centre (seriously, it's a 5 minute walk to Liverpool One and the docks.) We had electrically operated curtains, 2 huge TV's, a small WC, a huge bathroom with two showers (!!!!) and our own kitchen! As well as having a decked area outside with seats and a table with outdoor lights too! This was all over two floors in a gallery style open plan room. Words can't describe how amazing it was, seriously! 










There were only a few problems, which could have easily been resolved. The member of staff on reception giving us wrong directions to the restaurant that the hotel has links with! We ended up being late for our dinner reservation, after leaving the hotel in good time to get 
there. There were so many light switches in the room that it took us forever to figure out what they all did, but that could just be because we were being slow! Another thing was the fact that both toilets were downstairs, to say that 3 people sleep upstairs and only 2 downstairs and the room is open plan, you have to walk through where everyone is sleeping and therefore wake them up in the night. I felt this could have been organised better and maybe put a small one upstairs. 

Aside from that, the hotel is excellent, the reception area is modern and clean, and safe with key activated entrance doors to the reception and then to the rooms throughout the hotel. The location is perfect, close to everything you'll need in Liverpool. Although looks might be deceiving, the road it's on does look rundown, with old clubs boarded up etc. However, we went out and didn't get back till 10:30pm, the locals seemed polite and friendly, and even though there are clubs around the area you can't hear them once you're in your room.



My Dad, my boyfriend Dean & myself

Will definitely stay here again!

9/10

You can check out the Base2stay website here, or if you need more info - give them a call (0151 705 2626) their reception is open 24/7 - or drop them an email liverpool.info@base2stay.com



The Beatles Story, Albert Dock, Liverpool

My dad has wanted to go to this for years, he has a love for The Beatles, and I was so happy that he finally got to go. He loved it! The prices range depending on what type of ticket you get, but they're £12+ for an adults. To say the tour takes about 2 hours, I thought this was quite pricey, you get no extras on the tour and the rooms are small and get cramped very quickly. You are given an audio device that tells you the story as you go through the museum. I thought this was quite a good idea, but parts of it felt dull and dragged out. My dad, being a huge Beatles fan, loved it. But even he didn't like that there was no seating throughout the experience or refreshments until the end despite the rooms getting extremely hot because there is no air-conditioning. 


There are a lot of displays to look at, but because of the number of people pushed into each room it is difficult to spend time properly looking without being rushed. We bought the ultimate experience ticket, which does also include the Elvis & Us and the 4D experience, however due to them both being in a different part of the docks, we didn't get time to do them. They don't make it clear that these attractions aren't in the same building and you have to make your way to get to it. 

I felt disappointed after visiting this, I have grown up with The Beatles music in my life through my Dad yet found it hard to concentrate even though I'm interested in what they've done to change musical history. I would not recommend taking children to this, they will definitely get bored! Glad we went, my Dad seemed to enjoy it, especially after then visiting The Cavern Club which is a short walk away, which has a unique feel and live music throughout the day.






No need to go more than once.

6/10

You can visit The Beatles Story here, which has information about the museum and ticket prices are also online. There is no need to book in advance.


Liverpool One

This shopping centre is so modern, I got a shock when I saw just how new it looks! A lot of it is glass, and the structure of the shops makes it qwerky and different. I loved how the layout of it was in streets, so it was easy to find your way back to certain shops, or even the car park! 

It does have a lot of mainstream shops that you find in all cities, but there are a few smaller ones that I've never seen before, or have only seen online! The John Lewis there is HUGE and the architecture of it is very unusual! Great place to shop, and open till 8pm on a weekday! 

Liverpool One is outside, but thankfully when we went it was sunny so that wasn't a problem, there are covered parts but I can imagine it not being a nice place to shop when the weather is horrible!



Loved shopping here, very nice atmosphere and good range of shops!

8/10

Liverpool One have their own website, you can check out what shops are there before you go by clicking here! 

Take me back to Liverpool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment