Saturday 17 August 2013

Hello!


I "accidentally" went into Boots and there was a lot of things I'd had my eyes on for a while, so it was only right that I bought them! Three of which being Benefit products, two Soap & Glory.


Benefit: 




  • Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! SPF 25

This is not the first time I've purchased this foundation, a few months ago I got it when Debenhams had a 10% off, so thought I'd try it out. It gives great coverage, and is very light on your skin - it doesn't block up your pores and lets your air breathe. 


I'd been using high street foundations because I couldn't afford to folk out over £20 for a foundation anymore. However, I soon went back to them after my skin started to break out horrendously, I usually have quite clear skin so it was obvious that my foundation was the problem.





The lady on the counter suggested that I tried the new Hello Flawless foundation because it's great for young skin, I've always been reluctant to buy foundations in hard bottles because you lose so much that you can never get out! This foundation bottle has some form of plastic pump at the bottom that pushes it all up, so you get all of your product! Hurray!

I have quite pale skin, so I use the shade "believe in me, ivory." It does look dark in the bottle, but blends into your skin tone so well and effortlessly! The only fault that I have with this product is that the coverage doesn't last as long as I'd have hoped. BUT! Benefit have brought out a new primer that's meant to last for 15 hours! So of course, I bought this when I got a new bottle of this foundation! ;)



Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! SPF 25 is available at Benefit counters, or online at benefitcosmetics.co.uk for £25.50.



  • Stay Flawless 15 Hour Primer

I'm yet to try this, but I have heard so many great things about it! I've been debating whether to buy it or not since I first read about it and the beauty guru's got sent a sample of it.




The packaging is so cute, I love the spots on the lid, and the bottle itself looks so powerful in a black bottle! The product itself smells very sweet, but not too overpowering.

I have very high hopes for this primer, and due to the conditions where I work, it will be tested to its extremes!

Stay Flawless 15 Hour Primer is available at Benefit counters, or online at benefitcosmetics.co.uk for £24.50.



  • Benefit B.Right Radiant Skincare 6 Piece Set

This set is adorable! The bottles are so tiny! I purchased this after speaking to someone on the Benefit counter about skincare, she suggested that I try out all the skincare products before purchasing the larger sized ones which range from £18+, whereas this set was only £12.50! What a bargain! 



Inside, there are 6 different skincare products: 

Foamingly Clean Facial Wash
Moisturise Moisture prep Toning Lotion
It's Potent! Eye Cream
Total Moisture Facial Cream
Triple Performing Moisturising Facial Emulsion SPF 15 PA++
Refined Finish Facial Polish

On the back of the packaging, it explains how to use each one, and they are meant to be used in a set order - but of course you can use them which ever way suits your skin best. I was very surprised at how well this worked with my skin after just one use. My skin looked brighter, fresher and cleaner after using all 6 products, and made my makeup stay on for so much longer. I will use this skincare set for a few more weeks before I write up a review of it, I want to give it more time for me to see strong results, but so far so good!

Benefit B.Right Radiant Skincare 6 Piece Set is available at Benefit counters, or online here for £12.50 - I was unable to find this set on the Benefit website, only the larger sizes of each of the products.



Soap & Glory:

  • Kick Ass Concealer

I've wanted to try this concealer for as long as I can remember, it is £10 for the "kit" which I thought was quite pricey for something that you only use on small areas of your face, however it was on a 2 for £15 deal at boots which tipped me over the edge to buy it! 



The "kit" as it's called on the box contains an under eye brightening concealer, a super wear lightscramble face concealer and a concealer sealing powder. Thankfully, the outer packaging tells you which order to use them in, or I'd get it totally wrong and end up making it look awful! It also contains a small powder puff, which is SO soft!

I accidentally picked up the 'medium' tone instead of the light, only realising after I'd left the store. I ended up walking back to use the tester to see if it would be too dark, but due to me having quite dark under-eye circles, it made them vanish without me looking orange! Bonus!



It all comes in a handly little pot, perfect for your makeup bag, also with a mirror inside so you can apply on the go! I'm always rushed for time when doing my makeup on a morning before work, so I know this diamond will come in handy very often! (Believe me, I'm like a zombie when I wake up, not a good look...)

I can't wait to try this out and see how it copes! Keep checking back for a review!


Kick Ass Concealer is available in store at Boots or online for £10.


  • Solar Powder Mix-And-Match Multi Shade Bronzer

I've never thought of looking into buying Soap & Glory cosmetics excluding the concealer before. I'm a  huge fan of Fleur De Force, and after seeing her review of a Soap & Glory product online, I thought I'd give it a go. 

I did make a bit of a mistake though...I thought the product I picked up was the one she reviewed and said it was amazing (click here to read her blog post), which is the highlighter. I did recently purchase Beat the Blues by MeMeMe, which is meant to be a copy of Benefit High Beam. It does work excellently I must admit, so in a way maybe it's a good job I didn't pick up yet another highlighter. (No-one wants to look TOO glowy and shiny, right?) 



Instead, I grabbed Soap & Glory's bronzer. I rarely use bronzer, I find whenever I apply it I just look mucky, but that could be because I was applying too much and my bronzer that I was using was cheap and nasty! Hopefully, this will give me a nice holiday looking tan on my face, and define my cheekbones. 

Like most of the products in this haul, I will post a review of this and how I get on with it when I've got the chance to properly use it! 

Solar Powder Mix-And-Match Multi Shade Bronzer is available in store at Boots or online for £11.



Thanks for reading my essay of a blog! 

XOX








2 comments:

  1. that benefit skincare set looks amazing! love that brand! i like your blog! following

    http://styleandbubble.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rania, the set is amazing, definitely worth a purchase! I will be doing a review of it when I get a chance to sit down for more than 5 minutes! Life sometimes gets in the way! XOX

    ReplyDelete